Saturday, September 22, 2007

A wee bit naughty...

It turns out that I should not be left unsupervised with TradeMe and money to burn. I got a little bit naughty during my recent week off and purchased:

  1. Twilight Children by Torey Hayden
  2. Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden (the trader for Twilight Children offered me this one as well and it was a super reasonable price, a book I wanted AND I could combine postage costs...what's a girl to do?!?! Razz shelley139 is the loveliest trader ever!!!!!)
  3. Hurting Distrance by Sophie Hannah (super stoked with this one as it was one of the ones I was trying to decide whether to use my $100.00 book review prize on)
  4. The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff (an explanation of the Chinese principles of Taoism through Winnie the Pooh - brilliant!)
  5. My Name was Judas by CK Stead (another book I was tossing up whether to use my prize on and a book I really want to read. Plus it is NZ Book Month so very apt to be buying an NZ author I thought!)
  6. Tiger's Child by Torey Hayden


Total spent = $74.00 + postage

I am slightly disappointed that I have only managed to read three books so far this week

  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (if the first novel I write comes out as brilliant as this, I would never write another word again)
  • A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka (rollickingly funny - makes me want to be part of a dysfunctional Ukrainian family!)
  • The Abortionist's Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde (kinda disappointing but an excellent premise)

Tomorrow I will start The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff...

No comments: