Friday, October 26, 2007

Done and Dusted

With 9 weeks to spare, I completed my self imposed challenge to read 52 books in 52 weeks!!!

I am so proud!

But never fear, this does not mean I am going to stop reading. (Hahahaha!) Michael suggested this actually - I replied sure, if he stopped playing computer games....needless to say neither of us are giving up our favourite pass-times.

No, my new challenge now is to see how many books I can read in a year. I am not going to go hard out though - just my usual reading pace and see what the magic number at December 31st is.

So.... my favourite/recommended reads from the last 52?

In no particular order and for lots of different reasons, they are:

"We Need to Talk About Kevin" - Lionel Shriver
"Lucky" - Alice Sebold
"Dreamhunter" - Elizabeth Knox
"Dreamquake" - Elizabeth Knox
"How to Talk to a Widower" - Jonathan Tropper
"A Friend Like Henry" - Nuala Gardner
"A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" - Marina Lewycka
"The Thirteenth Tale" - Diane Setterfield
"In the Name of Honour" - Mukhtar Mai



No comments: