Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random Time Filling Exercise

Here is how it works:

* Pick up the nearest book (one of at least 123 pages)
* Open to page 123.
* Find the 5th sentence.
* Post the next 3 sentences


Closest book to me is the one I am reading atm: "The Rice Mother" by Rani Manicka


"Because they had Mui Tsai they didn't bother to look too hard for the other carefully hidden daughters; they might have guessed there were girls of usable age hidden somewhere in the neighbourhood, but Mui Tsai did for the time being. Mother and Lakshmnan had built a secret hole in the ground for Mohini and to a lesser extent, if the Occupation lasted for many years, for me too. Mother said war brings out the animal in men."


1 comment:

J9 said...

Pink and black is so purrfectly cute. I have to agree on The Lovely bones and To Kill a Mocking Bird - awesome books. Not sure about The Lovely Bones movie though, I just can't imagine it coming together on the big screen.
Janine - Journo Class