Saturday, December 20, 2008

NZ Bestsellers

One of my favourite things to do each week is check out the online books bestseller lists for New Zealand. It's fascinating to see how books are doing here in Godzone compared with the overseas markets (we generally follow their lead) and see what kiwi authors are tickling the fancy of local readers.

And of course at this time of year, it provides good inspiration for gift buying too!

I'm so pleased the delightfully funny Sarah-Kate Lynch is sitting pretty at the top with "On Top Of Everything" in the NZ fiction section at present. I adore Ms Lynch's writing and can't wait to devour her latest offering. If it is anything like her other novels, The House of Peine, By Bread Alone or Blessed Are The Cheesemakers, it will leave me craving the tasty treat at the centre of the novel's plot for weeks afterwards.

Check out the weekly lists for yourself here: http://www.booksellers.co.nz/bk_bst_current.htm

1 comment:

Caffeinated Weka said...

Thanks for the link. I tend to read books well after they are released (Library Chick, lol), but I love book shops and always wander past the top 20 section. I also like going through the Whitcoulls Top 100 List each year and ticking off all the books I've read. Still a few to go, though!