Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Britney writes

The internet is abuzz with news that 27-year-old Britney Spears is set to sign one of the most lucrative book deals in showbiz history.

The Daily Mirror is reporting tha the Toxic singer is about to sign a $14 million publishing deal!

"There have been numerous unofficial autobiographies about Britney, but she’s never agreed to pen her own tome until now. "And some of the stories she’s got are absolute dynamite. She’s kept diaries so there’s nothing she’ll leave out unless she wants to. If the deal goes ahead she will write three and five books throughout the next decade."

As for me, I LOVE Britney - she's a pop goddess as proved by being able to produce a fantastic album like last year's Blackout while suffering all kinds of mental and emotional anguish/paparazzi frenzies/custody disputes/car accidents/marriage break ups.

But I don't know if spilling everything to the world is such a good idea. Surely we know too much about her already? She's entitled to a private life after all and does the public really need to know the nitty gritty details? Didn't her mummy dearest share enough?

So I'm kinda torn as to if her autobiography would end up on my TBR pile. What about you, would you read it?

3 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

Wow - Britney writes?? I had no idea she could read!! :-P

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

*runs and hides before kitty can catch her*

Heather said...

I would read it, but I wouldnt want to BUY it.

Kitty said...

I'd read it too. Could be very interesting.