Sunday, June 21, 2009

Would you take dating advice from a celebrity?

Hollywood starlet and perennially unlucky-in-love actress Jennifer Love Hewitt is penning a dating book.

Titled "The Day I Shot Cupid," and slated for a March 2010 release, the book will "reveal a surprisingly wicked sense of humour as Jennifer explores the new landscape of modern dating and offers up a wide range of practical tips, from text-flirting and IM-ing to what men and women really want, and how to start over after a breakup."

Currently starring in The Ghost Whisperer, Hewitt has said the book is in part a response to the media.

"Throughout my career, there has always been so much written about my love life. Some true, but mostly made up. I thought it was time to share the real story of what I’ve learned navigating the dating waters," she says. "Hopefully, in addition to having a good laugh, women reading this will learn from some of my hard lessons."

On the one hand, I'm intrigued. She's has been named #1 in Maxim's Sexiest Women In The World in 1999 as well as placings in the top 30 in subsequent years meaning she has compiled a pretty impressive dating dance card.

Honourable mentions include singer-guitarist John Mayer, talk show host Carson Daly, actor/model Kip Pardue, writer Chris Benson, singer-songwriter Rich Cronin, actor and singer Joey Lawrence, professional kayaker Brad Ludden, actor Will Friedle, and singer Enrique Iglesias. I'd love to know what lessons she has learnt from some of these men!!! Not to mention her engagement to Scottish actor Ross McCall, which ended at the beginning of this year only for Ms Love-Hewitt to promptly fall into the arms of Ghost Whisperer co-star Jamie Kennedy. (Yes, I love my celebrity gossip!)

However are celebrities, who live their lives in gated private communities, have maids, chefs and personal trainers at their beck and call, and papparzi shadowing their every move really live in the same dating world as the rest of us? Do the same rules that apply to us mere mortals here on planet Real World exisit on Planet Hollywood? Would you seriously take dating advice from a celebrity, with or without her track record?

I'm intrigued, so don't be shy, lemme know your thoughts!

1 comment:

Heather said...

They have more pressure...I guess that would make it harder to make a relationship functional so yeah, why not listen to what they have to say. Having said that, I'm SO not buying a book by her lol.