Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Bloggers Appreciation Week Reading Meme

I love a good meme especially a good meme about books! This one comes from Book Bloggers Appreciation Week. Read all about it here.

1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack? Not usually, I can't seem to read and do other things at the same time (I'm a woman and I can multi-task, just not when it comes to books).

2. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? Horrifies!

3. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? Bookmark which can be anything from a proper pretty bookmark to a grocery shopping receipt, I'm not fussy.

4. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Fiction mostly

5. Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy

6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? To the end of the chapter if I can - I'm usually fighting sleepiness to get there though

7. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Look it up later…if I can still remember it.

8. What are you currently reading? The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (loving it!)

9. What is the last book you bought? Michael Zadoorian ~ The Leisure Seeker

10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? Just one at a time, it gets my full attention.

11. Do you have a favourite time of day and/or place to read? In bed! And that can be any time of the day :)

12. Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Usually stand alone

13. Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Lately, I can't stop singing the praises of The Help by Kathryn Stockett, otherwise The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

14. How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) They're randomly placed on my bookcases except for my favourites shelf.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

*steals*

Heather said...

I would steal it but almost every answer of mine is the same as yours lol. Though I do usually pack a 'plate of snacks' so I dont have to get up from reading. Fun to read!